Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mother Bear Project


I finished my first bear for the Mother Bear Project!
I have been trying to get to this for a few months now. One day I was deleting all of my junk email and one stuck out. It was an email about this charity. The Mother Bear Project helps children affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations. Seeing pictures of these children that have HIV/AIDS or have been orphaned becuase of it broke my heart!
There are always stories in the news or on the internet about how hard it is in third world countries. This is the first time that I felt like I could really do something to help. I couldn't stop thinking about these children that have no one to hold them or be there to make them feel better. The Mother Bear Project takes bears that have been knitted or crocheted to these children. This gives them something to hold on to and love. I decided that I wanted to make at least 10 of these bears this year. I have been really busy and getting started took longer than I had planned. Finishing this bear has got me excited to do this again. The idea that this bear could make a differnce in a childs life makes me want to do more! If any of you are interested in this you can go to the website www.motherbearproject.org. I will post more pictures as I go.

1 comment:

Angela M said...

The bear is adorable. Wish I could knit or crochet good enough to even try. Cute new kitty. That went fast. Hopefully all the kitties get along.