Day 1:
We get up early because we thought the drive was going to take 3 to 3 1/2 hours. We got to the entrance in 2 hours. I was thinking that this was perfect, the drive was shorter than planned and we where going to have tons of time to see the Grand Canyon. We pay and the forest ranger tells us it is 12 miles to the visitor center. So we start heading up. The road was very curvy. Ellie starts crying and asking me to hold her. I assumed that she was just sick of being in the car and wanted out of her car seat. I was wrong. We only made it half way to the visitor center before Ellie threw up all over herself, the car seat, and the car. So we pulled over and spent the next 20 minutes or so cleaning her and the car up as best we could.
Then the closer we get to the visitor center it starts to get really foggy. We get there and we can't see any of the Grand Canyon at all. So we decide we should at least take picture of us in front of the Grand Canyon when you can't see it. So Bret pulls out the camera to take the picture and the camera says no memory stick. I left it at home. I was so frustrated at this point I didn't know what to do. So we took a few pictures with Bret's cell phone.

This is Ellie and I standing on the rim of the canyon. We are only a few feet away and you can't even tell.

We went to the lodge and got lunch. At this point we had been at the Grand Canyon for 4 hours and had yet to see anything but the fog. The car was smelling worse and worse by the minute so we decided to leave and come back the next day.
Day 2:
We head out again for a long drive to see the Grand Canyon. We picked up a new memory stick so we could take pictures this time. Bret took the curves on the road at the suggested speed and we make the entire drive without Ellie throwing up.
It was completely worth it! The canyon is such a amazing thing to see. The pictures don't show how breathtaking the canyon is.
It did rain a large portion of the day but we still go to see the canyon.
We had now spent 6 hours driving to see this so we decided to get a motel room and spend a 3rd day at the canyon.
It was worth it. The sunset was amazing!
Day 3:
The motel room that we where able to get had 2 beds. I was worried that Ellie was going to fall off so I shared one of them with her. She spent the entire night asking me to hold her and wanting to lay as close as possible to me.
She kept getting closer and closer. Bret thought this was so funny that he got up before us and took a picture. I am surprised I didn't end up on the floor.







1 comment:
Great pictures! Love how Ellie is pushing you out of the bed. It's a classic! Hope you can come on Friday!
Post a Comment