Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A child free weekend

Bret and I left Ellie and went to St George for the weekend. It was the first time we have left her for more than just a night. We went with my sister Angela and her husband Bryce. We started out by going out to dinner and a movie. I know that doesn't sound very exciting but Bret and I have only got to see a handful of movies in the theater these last 2 years. So it was the perfect way to start out our weekend.
We go up Saturday morning and went hiking. We started out doing a hike to see the red rock and Lava caves. Then we hiked all the way to the top of the cinder cone.


After that my sister and I had a nice shopping trip. We went out to dinner again and had a fun night playing games with the Coleman's (Bret's pseudo parents). By Sunday morning I was ready to come home and see Ellie again. It was nice to get away for the weekend without her but I missed her more than I had expected to!

No comments: