Sunday, December 13, 2009

Breakfast with Santa at the Zoo

We went to the zoo today and had breakfast with Santa. It all started a few weeks ago. I really wanted to get a good picture of Ellie with Santa this year. I first looked online at the mall. The pictures start at $20 and you have to pay $30 if you want a digital copy. That seemed way too much for 1 picture of Ellie with Santa. So I started looking for other ways that I could get a picture of Ellie with Santa without feeling completely ripped off. Then I found Breakfast with Santa at the Zoo. Not only did Ellie get one on one time with Santa and Mrs Claus but we also got breakfast, a craft, and story time with Mrs. Claus. Then we got the rest of the day to spend looking at the animals at the zoo. I was a little worried this morning when I realized how much snow there was going to be at the zoo. Mrs. Claus told us how much the animals loved the snow and would be out and about. So we bundled up and went out in the snow to see the animals. It was amazing. Some of them were running around. I have never seen the animals so active at the zoo ever. There was almost no one there either. Ellie got to see the animals up close without fighting through a crowd. Lots of them would come right up to the windows and get eye to eye with her. This is one of my favorite things we have done as a family. We will definitely go back again! Here are a ton of pictures from today.













1 comment:

Randi said...

i'm so doing this next year!